Remembering Ayman Taha

This blog is dedicated to Ayman Abdel-Rahman Ali Taha, who died a soldier in Iraq on December 30, 2005. He was a loving father, husband, and son, beloved brother, nephew, cousin and friend whose loss we are heartbroken over. Rest in Peace, until we meet again. Please send comments for the blog to: the_taha_family@yahoo.com.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Reminiscing....

Ayman and I met when we were 4 years old... He used to dread my visits to his house when we were kids as I was an unusually rowdy and energetic child who liked to play a little rougher than most.... We remained very close ever since and ultimately; I cut down on the high sugar intake...

Ayman touched the soul of just about every person he came across throughout his lifetime. He was truly special and unique, always smiling, the giver of good advice, and he managed to fit in wherever he went... As hard as it has been to process and digest the news of his passing, I will be forever grateful for the time I was able to spend with him, not to mention the ideas, people and places he introduced me to... Ayman was an exemplary role model and he will always hold a very special place in my heart....

Until we meet again dear friend...

Always,

Omar Elwaleed Taha

All Is Well By Rosamunde Pilcher

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.
Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home